Take The Following Quiz========================
You don't need a pen, pencil or paper.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series Winners.
How did you do?
(Not very well, huh??)
NONE of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
There are no second-rate achievers on the above quiz. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another quiz.
See how you do on this one:
1. List a couple of teachers who really made a difference to you in school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time in your life.
3. Name three people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name five heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Now, wasn't that quiz a whole lot easier?
The people who make a difference in your life aren't the ones with themost credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They're the ones who care enough to spend personal time and effort foryou.
Take a minute to send this to a friend. Or do you have to go accept an award? :)
(The above is from the always inspirational and thought provoking www.mountainwings.com )
1 day ago