Saturday, September 15, 2012

Death of a Hero

Today is a sad day for me... one of my (literary) heroes has fallen off her pedestal.  As in crashed to the ground and shattered in a million pieces, fallen.

I really really love Ann Lamott's writing - I think she is profoundly talented.  I've written about her before on this blog:  Bird by Bird, Operating Instructions, and Traveling Mercies are some of the BEST non fiction books I've ever read.  Ever.

She is smart, wickedly funny and a great independent thinker but OH.MY.GOODNESS are her FaceBook posts irritating. She is wildly self-absorbed... just over-the-top. 

Such a buzzkill when one of your 'heroes' turns out to be that way....

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Hey, welcome back!!! You've been missed in the Blogosphere. Don't stay away so long next time, got it?!