Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

I normally LOVE the 4th of July.  Typically we are at our place at the beach, eating, drinking and having lotsa fun, but since it is now rental property (and thus, RENTED all Summer) we are home.  And THIS year on the 4th, in Atlanta, it is Monsoon Season.  A complete deluge.  I have 5 consecutive days off work and it's supposed to rain for every one of them. 

So here I sit, with a barometric-pressure-induced migraine (my fail-proof migraine meds are only partially BLURRING the edges of the pain and not getting rid of it... yuck...).  Add to that the fact that one of my 2 Labs HATES fireworks and is nervously pacing back and forth, licking her lips (nervous tic) and barking.  SIGH.

BUT... it is Independence Day and a day to be thankful that we live in a great country and have our freedom.  I am indeed thankful. 

Happy 4th to one and all!

No comments: