Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Best In Show" - My Favorite Comedy of All Time

If you've never seen Christopher Guest's masterpiece comedy, "Best In Show", do yourself a favor and order it from NetFlix, or go to your local video store and rent it. (Or better yet, purchase it.)

It's really spectactularly funny. The ensemble cast is wonderful and every time I watch it (I've seen it probably 10 times), I find something new to laugh about. (And, of course, being the huge dog lover I am, I absolutely love the "dog part" of it too....)

It's a "mockumentary" that takes place at a fictional dog show (the "Mayflower" dog show) ..... VERY similar to the REAL Westminster dog show that took place last night in New York City, in which the adorable Stump won best in show. Below is a clip with the hilarious Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy. Enjoy! :)

8 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

A funny, funny movie!

Unknown said...

I have to see it. I need to laugh!

Busy Bee Suz said...

It is so funny...I love it too.
How about that Stump?? He is amazing...I had tears in my eyes seeing him win!! Yeah, for the old dogs!!!

HWHL said...

Suz, believe it or not, I was at a meeting and MISSED the dog show!! However, I did see Stump on the morning shows Weds morning and immediately fell in LOVE with his adorable little self. (I love his "strut"....) :-)
I told Hubster we MUST have a Sussex Spaniel now.... (he just rolled his eyes...) :-)

And yes, I am THRILLED that a "senior citizen dog" won Best in Show! A round of Milk Bones on the house!!

Unknown said...

Great clip!

I'll have to see if my sister has it for me to borrow. She's a big fan of Christopher Guest.

BTW did you know he was one of the three crazy rockers in Spinal Tap?

Gberger said...

I LOVE their humor. Those comedians are geniuses, & you're right; the entire cast is superb. The gal with braces really scared me. Of course, they blamed their dog for their troubles!
Did you know that Christopher Guest is a British Lord (I am not making this up)?

HWHL said...

Karen,
The girl with the braces is Parker Posey... she is in many of Christopher Guest's movies. In fact, in "Waiting for Guffman" she does a hilarious audition where she sings "Teachers Pet". It has to be seen. She's a great actress (she was also in "Dazed and Confused" too.)

Unknown said...

This is a close second to Waiting for Guffman for me! I love when Parker Posey goes to the store to try and find her dog the toy he needs. Oh my gosh I love that scene!!!