Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful for the Air in Your Lungs?

You should be!

I just got a note from the sister of my blogger friend Deron - Deron has finally (finally!) received his double lung transplant!

Some of you may read Deron's blog - it's an excellent blog about living life with end stage CF, faith issues, being the father of twins (and, incidentally, being a physician).

Deron is a man of great faith and now, he has a brand new (healthy!) set of lungs!

Most of us take breathing completely for granted but when I read Deron's blog I'm reminded to stop, take a deep breath, and thank God for healthy lungs.

If you pray, please stop and pray for Deron. Even though he has these new lungs, the "road back" is a long one.

And remember to take a deep breath and be thankful for healthy lungs. :)

3 comments:

Gberger said...

God's blessings to Deron & his family. May his new lungs be very happy in his body, and may his body be very happy with its new lungs!
Thanks for the important reminder that the breath of life is a GIFT.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, what a gift. I will add him to my prayers as I am sure he has a long recovery...oh I hope it goes quickly and smoothly for him.

Jason, as himself said...

Double lung transplant? Wow. May all go well for him...