Monday, February 22, 2010

So today, we moved into our new office.
Palatial. Swank. Posh.

And hey: my little cubicle is "all that AND a bag of chips".

(insert wry grin here.... )

Some days I really do miss being my own boss and having my own business.... there was so MUCH I loved about being an entrepreneur. But then I remember how absolutely terrifying it was when I went 5 months straight with no income when all my clients, save one, dried up and blew away like so many tumbleweeds....

So I am THANKFUL that I am employed.
And that I have a paycheck, guaranteed, on the 15th and 30th of every month.

And really. Our new office IS really nice. I'm not really sure why being there today underscored what I used to have, and lost, but it did....

Time to go find that Glass Half FULL mentality.... it's around here somewhere...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A posh office? So nice :) I had to go into the dirtiest house in America today. And a pit bull lunged at me. It was not a good day 'at the office' for me! : ) I am glad tomorrow can be better : )

Busy Bee Suz said...

It would be a huge bonus if you did not have to commute as far?????

xoxo
Suz

Gberger said...

I'm so happy that you have a gorgeous new office. But I know what you mean about the freedom and independence of self-employment. On the other hand (shades of "Fiddler on the Roof"), a regular paycheck and benefits must be nice! It seems that you were wise and caring to take the necessary step for your family. "To everything there is a season," right? Perhaps, in another season, you days of self-employment may return. Blessings to you in your new work "home."

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

These days, having a job is in itself posh. A nice one to boot? That's great!

I might hit you up next year for those silver balls, just don't tell anyone. :)

HWHL said...

Yes.... I am thankful. Truly. Just hit one of those little "speedbumps" yesterday.

And Pumpkin, you just let me know when you want those silver balls, girl. I'll hook you up.

Jason, as himself said...

Yes. These days a job is a job is a job. But nice offices are wonderful, too!

Maybe when things get better you can be your own boss again.