Sunday, May 10, 2009

Long Live Radio!

Here some of my favorite "listening links"

97.1 The River - Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, Heart, The Stones, Peter Frampton, Boston, etc.) - the GOOD stuff you remember from the late 70's and early 80's. Plus they don't have annoying DJ's or too many commercials. I love this station!

Clark Howard - Atlanta's GEM! Clark is a consumer guru who gives on air consumer and financial advice Monday - Friday from 1 - 4 on WSB radio... Clark also now has a national TV show on CNN/HLN. Additionally, you can always find out about him via his website. Everyone in Atlanta LOVES Clark!

Dave Ramsey - yes, anyone who knows me knows I LOVE me some Dave Ramsey. Here in Atlanta, he's on WGST every afternoon from 3 - 6 PM. (Also, here's the link to his site.)

Happy Listening!
Long live good radio!!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Jeff loves his talk radio...drives me batty.
I only listen to satellite radio...no commercials. I suppose I am anti live radio????
Do you hate me now?

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I rarely listen to the radio because I hate listening to all the commercials, which is why the music on my ipod is stuck in the 70s-90s...there's very little new stuff. It just seems everytime I listen to the radio someone is talking and never hear any actual music.

When I lived back east we had a station called the River too and I loved it. Probably the same kind of music.

Happy Mother's Day!

Cliff said...

The onetime broadcasting student agrees with you, except the part about the disc jockeys.

"From Financial Peace Plaza, it's the Dave Ramsey Show, where debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW, as the status symbol of choice!"