Normally I don't do these tag-things, BUT because KBL is the COOLEST chick around, I'll do it. (Plus I really like the questions.... they're not the normal "plain vanilla" questions.)
OK, here goes:
1. What are your current obsessions?
Embarrassing confession coming..... our finances are rather "bruised" from when my business was torpedoing to the bottom of the sea, so Obsession Numbero Uno is "righting the financial ship". But we're well on the way. A much more FUN obsession to discuss is transforming my home office (which I really don't need anymore, now that I'm back in corporate America), into a Teen Den/Hangout Room, etc. The kids are getting to the age where they need their own "space" to chill out. I'm working on finding (inexpensive yet fun) furnishings to make it a fun place for them...
2. Which items from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
a) My demin capris. I love them and they fit me perfectly. Plus they're perfect this time of year. I also have a top my next door neighbor brought me back from Bombay that I absolutely love. It's a gorgeous shade of green, very comfortable, and every time I wear it I get so many compliments. Unfortunately, a certain someone ATE my favorite sandals. (I won't give her full name but her first name is DIVA.) :(
3. Last thing you bought?
a) a pint of blueberries (my very favorite food)
b) a really pretty $12.99 dress from Ross (LOVE that store!)
c) a Lotto ticket last night (I spend a whopping $1 per week on the lottery).
d) some bones from Red Bandana for Diva and Ruby.
4. What are you listening to these days?
The White Stripes; The Doves; U2; The Raconteurs; Led Zeppelin; Peter Frampton; Coldplay; Chris Tomlinson; Duran Duran; and PlayChase Music (12Stone original tunes). Like KBL, I listen to a wide variety..... just depends on my mood.
5. Favorite kid's film
Ole Yeller (yes, I still cry EVERY time he dies!), Bambi, Wizard of Oz! The Lion King, Snow White (the original), Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (all the Disney Classics).... but Ole Yeller and Wizard of Oz are my 2 faves!
6. Favorite Vacation Spots
Tybee Island, GA; Maui; Cayman Islands; New York City
7. What are you reading right now?
I'm not reading ANY FICTION, which is very bad. I have (literally) stacks of books under the windows in my bedroom. I love, love, LOVE to read, but my new job is leaving me tired.
8. Four words to describe you:
Wife, Mother, Friend, Christ-follower
9. Guilty pleasure?
Godiva dark chocolate truffles with raspberry puree.... better than sex (well, not REALLY... it is just a saying after all....)
10. Who or what can make you laugh until you are weak?
My husband, and now, more and more, my kids. I have a houseful of Very Funny People.
And John Pinnette. I love John Pinnette!
11. First Spring thing?
Here in Atlanta, we see the daffodils, tulips and hyacinths all bloom in late February or early March. Taht's when we know Spring is coming.
12. Planning to travel next? Just got back from Tybee Island for Memorial Day weekend. Possibly taking the kids to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville later this Summer.... no big trips on the horizon for now.
13. Best thing you ate and drank recently?
My husband's home made mac & cheese. He uses 6 different kinds of cheeses, then crumbles bacon on the top. Yes, it's a heart attack on a plate, but BOY it's good.
14. When did you last get tipsy? It's been a LONG time. Unfortunately, I suffer from migraines, and alcohol is a trigger. So, I'm always the "DD" when we go out with our friends.... which is fine.
15. Favorite ever film? Too many to say just one, but here are some: It's a Wonderful Life, Bella, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind.
16. Care to share some wisdom?
I love what KBL put, so I'm going to leave that in here.... in the immortal words of Mahatma Gahndi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (I really love this!)
Last, in the (paraphrased) words of Jesus: Love God. Love people. (If you can do these 2 things, you will have lived a very good life! Jesus said that the whole law boiled down to those two simple principles!)
Last, relax. Enjoy the ride. Life is not a dress rehearsal!
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Being a petite curvy brunette my whole life, I've always wondered what it would be like to be a tall leggy blonde. Just for a week or so. Other than that, I really like being me. :)
As far as who I tag, I tag anyone and everyone who wants to play! (And let me know if you did it.... I want to read your answers!)
1 day ago