Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fear? Anxiety? Worry?

Yup, me too. We're in some tough times these days. Watching the news makes it worse (so, turn it off). I realize the news tends to "bleed in" to our lives, even if we try to keep it out. Not only do we have our own personal stressors, it seems we have national and global stressors pressing in. It's enough to crush us, if we let it.

Kevin talked about dealing with fear/anxiety/worry today. The message was wonderful.
It should be posted up on the website later today, if you'd like to take a listen.

If the above link doesn't work - go to www.12stone.com - click on Resources, Messages, Hwy 20, then today's date (10/12/08).

4 comments:

Ruahines said...

Kia ora HWHL,
Yes, it can seem as if the black clouds are rolling in. I sort of find myself oscillating between the highs and lows, and have just stopped listening to the news, or reading the papers. I am going back to finding moments of pure joy during my day, the sunshine, the laughter of my boys, a hug from my beautiful wife, thoughts of the mountains, Possibilities. I am appreciating more the very little things we can tend to not notice. Hope you have a lovely day. Kia kaha - Remain Strong.
Rangimarie,
Robb

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your calming presence. I agree, I have turned off the news for now, trying to wade through the muck and keep positive. I do'nt want to live my life with fear and worry and anxiety...I want to be a source of light and goodness and that gets harder when people try to keep you down.

But we will rise, even through this!!

HWHL said...

D'Arcy, you're sweet.... I'm not sure how calming I've been lately. I've been struggling quite a lot this Fall (as I may have mentioned to you, "off-blog"). Things are getting better, but it has not been an enjoyable season for me.
BUT, as we all know, rose bushes don't produce beautiful blooms until they're pruned, do they? Apparently this is my "pruning" season.... so that is fine. I just wait, and pray, and trust.... that's all. :-)

Me said...

I was just talking about this today with a friend. There is always going to be these 3 elements in our everyday world.

I guess it's just a matter of managing them and coping day by day.