Thursday, January 17, 2008

How Great Is Our God?


"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

To put this Scripture in perspective, consider the following: astronomers have discovered that there are galaxies 12.3 billion light-years away from Earth. Consider further the fact that light traveling at 186,000 miles per second only takes 8 minutes to travel the 93 million miles between the sun and planet Earth. Therefore sunlight is only eight minutes old when it reaches us. However, light from the furthest galaxy that we know of takes 12.3 billion years to get here. I can't wrap my mind around that; can you?

And yet GOD says that is about the distance between His thoughts and our thoughts.

So, the next time you reduce our BIG GOD down to the size of your biggest problem, realize that his goodness, greatness, magnificence and power surpasses your wildness imagination by at least 12.3 billion light years.

Pretty awesome, huh?