Sunday, January 27, 2008

Portland's Prodigal Poet

Don Miller is my kind of man.

He's an absolutely incredible writer: intellectual, but not overly cerebral; wickedly funny, but in a dry, self-effacing way; wise, but not condescending; and, most important, Don loves God with his whole heart.

Don came to speak at my church several years ago (before he was famous), and I found he really appealed to the person I was back in college - the idealistic left-wing liberal. I always find it so refreshing when a committed and passionate follower of Christ is also a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat who truly cares about social issues (I guess I jut love to "explode" stereotypes....) :-)

Regardless, Don was interviewed by Steve Brown (www.stevebrownetc.com) and I wanted to include a link to the audio portion of the interview. It's really fantastic and definitely worth a listen. (Links below - Click on the "play" icon once you're re-directed to the SBE webpage.)
Don Miller Interview - Part One
Don Miller Interview - Part Two

No comments: