Monday, March 10, 2008

Don't Believe the Bible*

*Until you've read it for yourself.
___________________________________

My pastor, Kevin, is doing an overview of the Bible "GEN-REV" this Winter and Spring. It's wonderful. I'm learning things I never knew and I kind of thought I knew a LOT. (Obviously, I don't.) :-)

Below is a very brief visual overview. If you're interested in learning more, all the messages from this series can be listened to, and/or downloaded (for free) at http://www.12stone.com/ - or you can review the PDF teaching notes.

Basically, the Old Testament and the New Testament are "mirror images" of one another; a boomerang of sorts. Here's the overview we've been launching from each week:
________________________________
OT
God and Righteous Man in Paradise (Genesis 1 - 2)
Satan & Sin Enter (Genesis 3 - 5)
The World Judged and Destroyed (Genesis 6 - 9)
One World Government System (Genesis 10 - 11)
12 Tribes of Israel/God's Holy People (Genesis 12 - Malachi)

NT
JESUS CHRIST, the Messiah (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
12 Disciples/The Church (God's Holy People) - (Acts - Jude)
One World Government/System (Revelation 6 - 19)
The World Judged & Destroyed (Revelation 6 - 19)
Satan & Sin Exit (Revelation 20)
God & Redeemed Man in Paradise (Revelation 21 - 22)
________________________________________
It's a great, fascinating series. I find myself so excited and looking forward to each week's lesson (I don't remember my dry, dusty Presbyterian church being like this when I was growing up.... all I remember is organ music and trying hard not to fall asleep... it's so much nicer when the Word is taught in a relevant way). :-)

No comments: