Saturday, March 14, 2009

Diva's Diagnosis and Oliver, the Ladies Man



Diva has a badly scratched cornea. The vet prescribed 2 separate ointments that we have to put in her eye 3 times per day. (And let me tell you, trying to hold a 70 lb. squirming muscular Lab still while squirting ointment into an inflamed EYE isn't easy!) The full story of the accident is on my "dog blog". She'll be fine, but we were worried. Her eye looked HORRIBLE.

Yesterday, I was visiting my good friend Dawn, who is a Cat Person. She used to have 5 cats, but is now down to just 2. (For the record, I love cats, although I don't have any at the moment.) Anyway, her cat Oliver loves me. He reminds me of PePe Le Pew (remember him?) He doesn't look like Pe Pe at all.... but he acts like him. You see, Oliver is SUCH a lover.... he gives me that seductive little look as soon as I enter the house and then finds a way to climb on me, and head-butt my chin, purr in my ear, and basically tell me how much he longs to have "alone time" with me.

One day, I will have another kitty-cat.... and he'll be just like Oliver (a/k/a PePe Le Pew). :)

10 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love that pepe lepew. There has been a commercial on recently (I don't remember what it's for) with pepe lepew and he makes me laugh every time. That was a great description because I can totally picture oliver.
PS - Jason does a great pepe impression. :)

Jason, as himself said...

Good luck with the ointment and the huge doggy!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Poor Diva. So glad she's going to be ok. I'll have to head on over to your other blog later. I had to put ointment in Chloe's eye a couple of years ago and drops. She's barely 70 lbs. today so I feel your pain especially with a young whipper snapper and a strong one to boot!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

Love and good health to Diva. And yes, you can use my photo! xoxo

J. Moses said...

Sorry to hear about all of that.

You mentioned in your comment on Cliff's blog that it will be a rainy weekend in the ATL. Here, I'll be lucky if I get a sprinkle...or maybe a light rain shower...but then it's supposed to be 70 by Tuesday. Crazy, huh? Have a good one, and hope Diva feels better.

Gberger said...

So sorry to hear about Diva-girl; I hope she heals quickly & painlessly!

I love the sound of that cat - he sounds just like Latte. It's so fun to be "romanced" by a lover-boy cat. Latte loves to be loved, and he demands it!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Poor Diva and poor you for having to tend to her...I can picture it all in my head and it ain't pretty.

Good luck on getting the loving cat one day. Can I trade you my 3 not so nice cats for ONE good one???

HWHL said...

Suz,
I love you but I've ALSO owned a surly cat.... one that hisses and growls when I come near. No thanks. The next kitty I have will be a lover, not a fighter. :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi HW, I LOVE your blog.. I read several of them. Now I know you live in Atlanta (or HOTlanta as I call it).. One of my best friends live in Chamblee.

Sounds like I will just need to ask you if I want to know something about movies or books..

I agree about Suzanne. She's a great gal--and I love her.

Thanks again for visiting my blog.
Hugs,
Betsy

HWHL said...

Betsy,
Thank you so much for visiting! Yes, I'm very familiar with Chamblee! :)