Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring is Coming.... I Can SMELL It....!

Y'all know what I'm talking about right?
That slightly "earthy" smell that the world gets when Spring is ALMOST here?

Well, today, after the kids got on their respective buses and I had my long laundry list of "to do's", I headed outside and THERE IT WAS... that unmistakable, GLORIOUS scent.... the first sign of Spring.

She is ON THE WAY.

My dogs could sense it too. They were both chomping at the bit to go outside and have stayed in the backyard all day (it's almost 2 PM as I type this). Ruby is sunning herself and Diva is chewing on a plastic bucket and laying in the sun. (ALWAYS orally fixated, that one....)

It's lovely, WARM, sunny.... the birds are chirping, there's a slight breeze, and....

WAIT. What the heck am I doing inside?! :)

Seriously. I just came in to unload groceries, check emails and messages (after all, I AM looking for a job....), but back out I shall SURELY go, after changing out of these sweats, and into some capris and a light sweater!

I just LOVE early Spring. Filled with such PROMISE... new life.... it always amazed me how the tulips, hyacinths, and other bulbs "know" when to come up out of the cold dark earth and into the sunlight.... EVERY single year. Amazing. Proof again (at least to me) of a Benevolent Creator.

Here's a virtual toast to each of YOU - my blogger buddies...

"To Spring!"

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

gorgeous picture and I hope you did get out there and enjoy it some.
it is gorgeous here today...high of 80, sunny, light breeze. I love it like this. If only I could have this in August too.....*snap*

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

My highs are so low ... like at 38 yesteday I could hardly contain myself. Snow melting quickly now, sun and some warmth, and if we don't get more this weekend I bet by Monday the grass will at least be thinking about turning green. Love you!

Najia said...

I love the pictures....but love the pics and videos of the gorgeous girls in the snow even more!!! :-)

Gberger said...

Hooray for spring; and a toast to you, too, dear blogger!

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a beautiful image!

So long since I have visited here, friend. Love what you've done with the place!! ;)

((HUGS!))