Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Drink From My Saucer


I Drink From My Saucer

I've never made a fortune, and I'll never make one now,

But it really doesn't matter 'cause I'm happy anyhow.
As I go along my journey I'm reaping better than I've sowed.

I'm drinking from the saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.
I don't have a lot of riches, And sometimes the going's tough

But with kin and friends to love me I think I'm rich enough.
I thank God to the blessings that His mercy has bestowed.

I'm drinking from the saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.
He gives me strength and courage when the way grows steep and rough,

I'll not ask for other blessings for I'm already blessed enough.
May we never be too busy to help bear another load.

Then we'll all be drinking from the saucer
When our cups have overflowed.

~(c) John Moore, 1970~

4 comments:

Cliff said...

That is a great poem and a great reminder that we get way more blessings than we deserve.

Busy Bee Suz said...

this is beautiful. thanks for sharing. ;0

kingdom writer said...

Love it, thanks. It is a great reminder of how blessed we really our, even in the middle of our storms.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this. Tons and tons.