Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Things to Focus On

On a personal level, for those of you who have been following my Tribulations this week... Here are the things that God has pointed out to me and things that have happened since Monday:

1. God has pointed out to me - VERY clearly that our children have a good home life - 2 loving parents and a stable home to come home to every day. Two parents who love each other and are commited to one another and to doing "whatever it takes" to make our family WORK. God has "nudged" me over the past couple days to not be so dismissive of this fact any realize this is a BIG deal. Not every child has this and I am very respectful of that and of the power it has in the life of a child, and in the security in brings them. So I am focusing in on that, and making sure that the security and the comforts of home always remain intact for them.

2. The upcoming meeting with J's teachers is tentatively scheduled for Friday. It's tough to get everyone able to meet at one time, but his case worker is working hard to make it happen. I told her I appreciate her efforts. I will be advocating (firmly, and PERSISTENTLY) for my child at this meeting. I am already armed (with ideas and suggestions ... (not weapons) :-)

3. God has given me amazing peace, since Monday night. I really truly am no longer worried about this issue. (Thank you friends, both local and far away, for your prayers.) God is very much in charge. Have you seen the bumper stickers that say "God is my co-pilot"? Well, God is not my co-pilot. He is the ONLY pilot in the cockpit. I'm back in the back, sipping ginger ale and eating the complimentary pretzels, while he's up front, flying the plane. :-)
Things are looking up!

9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

So great that you can focus on the good and put your fears to rest.
YES, this boy is lucky beyond belief...he has two of the best cheerleaders imaginable. That is such a blessing.
I hope you enjoy your gingerale and pretzels for a few days.
I will be waiting with baited breath to see what the powers that be have to offer you come Friday.
I hope only good stuff for him.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Hey Happy Wife. Thinking of you during this difficult time.

I'm trying to think how I will respond to that situation in our family...it's not easy.

Dawn said...

I have three things, too-
#1- I love that picture!!
#2- How wonderful that you were able to put into words three things to be thankful for (and such huge ones!)
#3- I'm with you... I know nothing about piloting a plane, and He knows all. Have you heard that new-ish song "I'm Letting Go?" by Francesca Battistelli? That's how I feel!!

Louise said...

Glad you are at peace. And also that you can realize your blessings.

Anonymous said...

I just caught up Happy Wife. Iam SO sorry to hear about what you're going through, but completely understand how that feels. I really do! I've had certain issues with my children as well, and it just ain't easy. Reading your post below actually brought tears to my eyes.

However, "good things to focus on" are key and definitely a step in the right direction!

Hang tough and hang in there!

Boquinha said...

I'm happy for you! That peace must feel good after such emotional turmoil. Hope all goes well on Friday. It sounds like it will!

Michele said...

I'm so proud of you all and I know everything will turn out fine!
I could only imagine what my life would have been like had I only been subjected to such wonderful caring parents as you two!
Will be come back to see how the meeting went on Friday...
~Michele~

Gberger said...

Amen to all that you wrote. God bless you!

Jewel Allen said...

Good for you. Yeah, there's only so much we can do, isn't there? But ultimately, we need to just give it up to Heavenly Father.

Good luck.