Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike Is Mean


No, not THAT Ike (although I've heard he was pretty mean, too....)

I meant THIS Ike... this picture (from CNN) was taken sometime earlier today (Friday). This looks like it used to be a house. I think by now it's 'splinters and sticks'....

This hurricane isn't even expected to make landfall in Texas until the middle of the night tonight, and they just said on the news that they're already having to rescue people from rooftops (I guess these would be the crazy folks who decided to have "hurricane parties" and not evacuate...)

Let's all pray for the safety of our brothers and sisters in the path of this storm. I really hope I'm wrong, but this storm looks like it has Big Teeth.

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

When I saw Ike was "out there" last week, I thought of Ike Turner first off too.
Yes, this storm is not good. I hope everyone is safe...and not stupid.

HWHL said...

I saw one guy on the Weather Channel being interviewed (in Galveston - he lived near the beach) - he said he "wasn't going to evacuate because his house was 'built well' and if it got bad he'd 'head up to the roof with a surfboard and a case of beer'").

I'm sure that's the last anyone will hear from him.

dons_mind said...

sheesh....having been through a number of hurricanes, i'm not shy about running away! material possessions just ain't worth it...

hope and pray all those folks down that way do the smart thing.....

Michele said...

Sad sad sad that anyone would want to "ride out" these hurricanes! What in the world are they thinking!!??
May God forgive these silly souls that decide to tempt fate... I just do not understand. At the first sign I would not hesitate to pack it up and move my family out to safety... nothiing in the world would hold me back to protect material things... these can all be replaced... tsk tsk...

Thanks for coming by and for the lovely comment.. I am about 85% better. Recovering nicely from that last seizure.. just need to get over the silly cold!
Temps here have been dropping to about 1C (33F) at nights... not too bad yet.
Take care!
~Michele~

Unknown said...

I am praying! Scary!