Thursday, September 4, 2008

Those Tiny Pink Spoons



One of my favorite blogs - "Sushi & Pizza" - had THE funniest post I've read in a long, long, LONG time. So funny in fact, that I printed it off and brought a copy downstairs to my husband to read (since he is GLUED to the U.S. Open....).

He and I both thought it was absolutely hysterical. (And could see a similar situation unfolding at our local Baskin Robbins...)

(In fact, Suz, you and I BOTH have experience with this.... remember? Your first job was at Baskin Robbins and mine was at Dairy Queen.... ah, those were the days. Minimum wage "slave labor" jobs when we were both naive 15 year olds and didn't know our rights!)

So, without further ado, I give you, ladies and gentleman, the incredible written humor of "Boquinha"....

6 comments:

Boquinha said...

Omigosh, I am SO incredibly flattered! Thank you so much! I have to give my husband some credit here, too--even though it's posted by "Boquinha," he and I actually wrote it together--we're nerdy like that. And both outraged by the limit on free samples. :P You're awesome--what a bright spot in my day, thank you!!

HWHL said...

It was REALLY really funny!
(And I'm so happy I found a graphic of "little pink spoons" to put with it!) Ha ha! :-)

On a side note, my good friend Suz worked at Baskin Robbins when she was just 15... I think her boss (we nicknamed her "Snaggletooth") was related to your surly Indian clerk....!! ;-)

Suzanne said...

That family is SO related to snaggle tooths. Oh my gosh, so funny and it nails the sterotype.

Boquinha said...

Great Graphic! ;) And thanks again!! :)

Dawn said...

oh yes... i laughed so much while reading this! i have an ice cream connection, too! our family owned & ran a store for 10 years. it's where i met my hubby! and you know, if you use those little wooden ones, they are free, and a store can give out a couple more free samples!!

Boquinha said...

What a great tip, Dawn. Someone oughta talk to grumpy down the street! :P