Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Bachelor, Episode 2 (I can't believe I'm posting about this drivel....)

CLEARLY, I'm having writer's block..... why else would I choose to post about such drivel?! (Or, as Morton Downey Jr. used to call it on his show: "pablum". Do you guys remember the Morton Downey Jr. show? He was obnoxious, but very funny.)

Anyway, I digress.

Last night was episode numero dos of "The Bachelor" starring cutie pie Jason. This guy has SO much on the ball, is so good looking, smart, adorable, charming, etc. I can't help but wonder WHY he needs to go on a show like this to attract women (does he possess some Serious Flaw that is not visible to the naked eye???)

Anyway, last night the cattiness amongst the female contestants was ramped up quite a bit (yes, I know you're shocked).
The two cattiest girls (Megan and Erica) were, inexplicably, given roses at the rose ceremony, so they'll be around for more shenanigans next week.

There's also another pop-tart (Natalie) who appears to be sharpening her claws.
And then there's the pseudo-stalker (Shannon?) who knows everything about Jason and his family. If I were Jason, that would creep me out a little.

So far, the girl from Dallas with the great smile (I forget her name - Melissa?) seems the most real to me. But truly, they are all so "over-eager"...

8 comments:

dons_mind said...

as i keep reminding my wife, it's a TV SHOW - - there's nothing "real" about it, nothing. :)

HWHL said...

... including all those silicone implants. :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I only read your 1st paragraph....I tivo'd the show and will watch it later. :)
Coach and I used to love Morton Downey Jr.
Remember how he used to smoke like a chimney? he was obnoxious as all get out....
I think he died of Lung cancer.....

Dawn said...

thank you for writing about the drivel! my tivo did not remember to tape it, and i only got to see the last 20 minutes! but even in those few minutes i can see... it seems so much cattier than i expected. he is so nice that i really expected abc to find some really really really nice girls... really really nice. i'm a little disappointed. who knows what next week will bring!

ChiTown Girl said...

How in the WORLD did he send the girl from Brazil home?!?! She was the only one I liked! That Shannon girl scares me, too. Now that the Brazilian is gone, I have no idea who to hope for. I don't particularly care for any of the others. Well, maybe the widow (Jackie?) she seems sorta "normal."

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I just finished with it. It's so bad, I just can't help myself. Have I said this before...it's like a train wreck, seriously.

Lindsey said...

oh. my girls and i watch it every week! we have even given ourselves a nickname- the monday night hotties- which clearly we are not as we usually all congregate in jammies and fresh scrubbed faces. but the wine flows, the dvr pauses at hilariously ugly faces these girls make when crying, and general debauchery ensues.

tragically, last night the dvr went haywire and didn't record the first hour so we had to call one of our dads (yes, DAD) to get a full recap over speakerphone before proceeding to the second hour. :)

i love trash tv.

HWHL said...

Lindsey, your description is HILARIOUS!!! I was laughing so hard at the thought of you and your girlfriends have a "grown up slumber party", sipping wine, and then calling DAD to find out what happened in the first hour - hysterical!! :)