Monday, January 19, 2009

Excited....


One word: HOPE.

HOPE for our economy.
HOPE for our country.
HOPE for a more peaceful world for our children and grandchildren
and HOPE for blessings and continued favor for our country.

If you believe in prayer, pray for our new President. He's stepping into a huge quagmire, and taking on quite a difficult job (even in the best of times, which this clearly is NOT).
Pray for him to make wise decisions, and to surround himself with people who will help him, and pray for his safety.

And, of course, pray for our great country. God Bless The USA!

3 comments:

Gberger said...

Wasn't his address beautiful?
I confess, I read it, instead of watching it. I SO strongly dislike listening to the lead-in and after-crap from the commentors (who invented the word "commentators?" What does it mean to "commentate?") that I will sometimes refuse to watch big events like this. Aren't I a cranky biddy? Clearly the inauguration was all about me!

Yes, hope, excitement and now, roll-up-our-sleeves time.

HWHL said...

I loved it! I really loved Joseph Lowery's benediction (he is very well loved here in Atlanta...)

The whole thing was great. I wish now I had recorded it! DUH!

Unknown said...

Amen! I am hopeful and excited both! I know God is going to do GREAT things with Obama in office. I just know it.