Sunday, January 11, 2009

More X-Rays Tomorrow

Update: Doc says my lungs look great. The "questionable" area was apparently resolved with the the antibiotics I just finished on Friday - it's no longer there in today's x-rays. As far as the persistent cough, it's caused by the persistent cough, which is exacerbated by the persistent cough, etc. (ie - it's a vicioius circle and my airways are inflamed and "angry"). He said to continue with the cough syrup and also gave me steroids and an inhaler to relax my inflamed, constricted airways.

He said I should start feeling much better soon.
All good news!


Tomorrow I go BACK to the doctor.... his nurse called me Friday afternoon to say the x-rays I had a week ago were sent off to be reviewed and came back "questionable" and I must come in on Monday.

So, lucky ME gets to go back for more X rays tomorrow.

Actually, I'm somewhat relieved. I'm really, really tired of coughing! I've been coughing so hard the muscles in my stomach hurt, and of course my chest hurts too. I've already been through one round of antibiotics and unfortunately they didn't do much.

Even the prescription cough medicine doesn't do much (except make me loopy...) :)

11 comments:

Gberger said...

I'm so sorry that you've been so sick. That is exhausting. I hope that you get some great drugs, very good, deep sleep...and some relief. God bless you, dear HW.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope they have a good explanation as to why you are still coughing.....perhaps some better meds will help.
I had a case similar to this about 4 Christmas's ago. The cough WOULD NOT GO AWAY. it lasted about 5 weeks. Then, I had a horrible pain in my chest/side...I just knew it was lung cancer.
I went back to the DR. and what I had was a "fractured" rib from coughing so much....it finally healed after the coughing stopped.
Hopefully, you won't have to deal with it as long..
Let me know.....HUGS, suz

Jason, as himself said...

I don't like the sound of "questionable"!

Me said...

Is that your xray? If so, doesn't it seem like major organs are missing or do they do that on purpose just to focus on the lungs? That xray is confusing!

Gustav said...

Nice looking bone structure Happy Wife.

Take care of yourself and
that cough.

Michele said...

Awww.... I hope they find out what the heck is going on... it's no fun coughing like that.
Hang in there!
(((Hugs)))

Cliff said...

You go in tomorrow, prayers go up today. You don't need an appointment to go to the Great Physician. No copay either. Jesus paid it all.

HWHL said...

Thanks for the well wishes, my friends!

First of all, these are NOT my x-rays... I just googled "chest x rays" and copied the picture (should have specified that - sorry!)

Really, my only symptoms are this wheezy, persistent cough and lack of energy.

I promise I'll give a full report once I get a diagnosis from my doc (will be later today). :)

I'm really not worried - I just want whatever BUG has set up housekeeping in my lungs (mentally picturing the Mucinex Creature) to move OUT!

Unknown said...

Never underestimate loopy. Let us know how it goes. You're in our thoughts!

Unknown said...

Good luck, HWHL! These respiratory infections can be so nasty and hard to get rid of.

Gberger said...

That inhaler should help. Let us know if the steroids make you want to go big-game hunting or gator-wrestling...just kidding! (I think that's my first "steroid joke" since Katie had to take them with her chemo; is that progress? I don't know). I hope they help, too. God bless you!