Friday, January 23, 2009

Playing House in the White House

For those of you who haven't yet seen this, it's lovely. This is the letter that the Bush twins wrote to the Obama girls, on growing up in the White House. (It is read aloud but Jenna and Barbara Bush themselves.)

No matter how your feel about our 43rd President, there's no arguing that he and Laura Bush raised two wonderful young women, full of kindness, warmth and each possessing a generous spirit.

This is really lovely and touching. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

wow. I did not know it was going to draw tears!!!
that is lovely. So great. thanks for sharing!!!!

Gberger said...

Well that is about as beautiful as it can be. I'm tearful. What wonderful young women they must be.

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow! Thanks for giving me my cry for the day :)

Me said...

I saw this today on Today. Such a nice thing for them to do. They are great girls.

Unknown said...

I liked that.

I have a similar picture when my twins were just born. If George was anything like me, he was physically and emotionally exhausted at that point.

(I can only imagine how the mothers must feel.)

HWHL said...

I loved it too. They are obviously wonderful young women. And what a kind, generous thing for them to have done for Malia and Sasha Obama. Very, very sweet.

Cliff said...

When it all boils down to it, the incoming and outgoing families don't react the same as the public. I could see the current and former presidents swapping war stories over a few cold ones.

And I'm sure the other family members want to give a heads up on what to expect.

I have an award for you.

Unknown said...

That was really amazing and I am glad they gave voice to that because I always thought similar thoughts. The world gets a lot of joy in mocking one person and while he did give SNL a lot of things to work with, he is still their father and they handled that with grace and love.


cool