Saturday, January 24, 2009

O2

Last night was O2 at my church, 12Stone. As my church has grown, this special Friday night service has been called different things: "Believer's Worship", "The Well", and now "O2".

We only do this service once a quarter and it's very intense, and very intimate. Basically, there's no traditional sermon/message - there is some scripture reading (last night focused on Isaiah 40), but mainly it's a whole lot of singing (we have a rockin' band.... it's truly like being at a concert), and we have communion, a lot of prayer, intercession, etc.

And baptisms, too. And the baptisms are really celebrated. It's so cool. :)

Anyway, last night, one of the pastors asked that those who had been laid off, were unemployed, looking for work, or were going through financial hardships and wanted to be prayed for to come down. I went down (since my business is on 'life support') along with probably 25% of the congregation. (Keep in mind my church is large - if it's a "full house", we can seat 2,500 in the auditorium.) There were hundreds who came down front. Each and every person was prayed over. It was wonderful.

I love having a supernatural buzz. It is so far superior to any other buzz available.

The service lasted over 2 hours and when I came out I felt so energized. It was amazing and wonderful. I love my church, but more importantly, I really love GOD.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Happy Wife!

May God bless you and your family during these difficult times.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so wonderful T. You have a great church community.
I can feel the excitement in reading your words. I hope it helps...I hope you guys pull through....
praying for YOU my friend!!!!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Your church sounds amazing. My sister lives in Arizona and her church is like that too. You feel so great after walking out of there.

Have a great day!

Sue xoxo

Unknown said...

What a blessing! I am so sorry about your Husbands business. I didn't know or I would have been praying! I will pray tonight. I am sending you a big hug and lots of prayers. I am so thankful you have a supportive church. Wow.

Anonymous said...

whenever I see the large, non-denominatial "arenas" that are popular here in the bible belt I cant help but think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBeoPauVb0&feature=related

but instead of rumble insert worship. :p

HWHL said...

Anne, you're welcome to come visit whenever you'd like. I think it would be NOTHING like you imagine.....

Boquinha said...

Your church sounds so neat! I love the Christmas service you all did!