Friday, January 2, 2009

Proof That My 12 Year Old Son Is Growing Up... (Sigh)

1. He is in his room talking on the phone to a girl (door is closed and LOCKED, which makes eavesdropping VERY difficult for me)... but I can hear lots of laughter and him talking in goofy voices, clearly trying to make her laugh.

2. He wanted to install one of those little "push-lights" above his Jessica Alba poster.... I guess so she would be properly illuminated, much like a billboard.

No longer my little snuggling 4 year old, is he? Darn.
That's one tough realization for a Mom. :)

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

oh,no he didn't .....how rude...he has a life???? how rude????
good luck T.
hugs, S

Me said...

OMG the illuminating light over Jessica Alba made me laugh out loud. I don't think that's just a 12 year old thing. If Tom could, he'd get a poster and a light too I swear.

HWHL said...

Smiley - yes, it was quite funny. He serioiusly thought that was a very legitimate place for a push-light. His own personal "Jessica Alba mini-billboard". :)

Suz,
YES, can you believe the utter NERVE of that boy? Locking me OUT of his room so I can't listen in on his phone conversations with girls?? (Clearly, it's all downhill from here...) :)

ChiTown Girl said...

I feel your pain, Sista! You might remember a while back when I "bragged" on my blog about my son making his computer background from pictures of the two of us. Well, I was just replaced by a picture of him and his "girlfriend!" Ugh!! I can't even stand the thought of him having a girlfriend, for Pete's sake! He's "only" 15 ;-)