Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's the Little Things..... That Make Life So Beautiful

Jeremy from the Cincinnati area just nominated me for the Attitude & Gratitude award. Isn't that sweet? And here, I didn't even know he READ my blog?! Jeremy is a great guy ... he's only 23 but VERY wise for his years. He has a motto which I love: it's Courage + Belief = Life. I love that! Jeremy is always very positive and every time I stop by his blog I get a big dose of positive energy, which lately I really need!

Also today I was talking to my wonderful positive Mom (who sometimes reads my blog - hi Mom, if you're reading!) My mom is a caregiver for elderly people who can no longer live independently but aren't yet ready to move into assisted living. She helps them with daily "stuff" that most of us take for granted: cooking, bathing, dressing, etc. Today she told me that one of her elderly patients was apologizing to her for her having to take care of some of the more menial tasks... and my sweet Mom said "I'm honored to do this for you. To me, I just look at it as though I could be doing this for Jesus."

Isn't that the coolest? And I told Mom, she IS. She gets to BE Jesus' 'hands and feet' out in the world when she does her work, and what is cooler that that? Doing that beats the pants off a 6 figure salary, EVERY time!

Little things like that lift me up when I'm down. And they make me really, really happy to be alive. :)

9 comments:

J. Moses said...

Thank you very much for the mention...and you know what? I look at it this way, if I can make ONE person's day a little better with my words, then by golly, I'll do it...

Cliff said...

Jeremy is a really cool guy who has some challenges that most of us don't have. I feel honored that he has chosen me to be among the group of bloggers he visits on a regular basis.

And I also agree your mother has a great attitude. It's an attitude all should have when they perform their everyday duties.

3 Peas in a Pod said...

I love positive people. That makes me happy too. Your Mom sounds like an amazing woman. Thanks for sharing!

Much love from NJ,
Sue

HWHL said...

My Mom is definitely an amazing woman....
Of course, this was something I took TOTALLY for granted growing up, but it's something that comes into sharper focus with each and every passing year. I'm so fortunate that SHE is my Mom!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Jeremy is a cool guy, I agree with you!!!
Your Mom is so wonderful T. She is the reason why you are such a great person too....both of you have nice little cushy spots in Heaven waiting for you!!!
(oh, and your Dad ain't so bad either:))

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful. What a blessing. I love your Mom's attitude. And of course, I love yours too : ).

Snickerdoodle Champagne said...

That's really neat, and very uplifting. I have a friend who did that while in college - she called it "Grandma sitting". :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I just came across you blog. I will be back. Your mother sounds amazing. How awesome would the world be if we had had people like her?! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, she is a saint! I'm sure you are proud of her.