Friday, April 11, 2008

10 Year Old Angst

My 10 year old daughter thinks I'm the Meanest Mom on the planet.
I told her last night (when she asked me for the 458th time "When can I get a cell phone?") that it was "not in the forseeable future".

She looked at me with tear filled eyes and told me (with complete seriousness) that is was "humiliating to be the ONLY FOURTH GRADER IN THE WHOLE SCHOOL without a cell phone."

Oh, the humanity.....

Strangely, my 12 year old son could care LESS about having a cell phone. He's blissfully happy with his comic books and video games...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh. you are so mean.
Just kidding.
Lauren did not get one until she started high school. My reasoning was always...you are WITH me so who do you need to call that you can't call from home, or my cell phone?
She proceeded to lose it 4 weeks into school. Guess what...she still doesnt have one. I won't buy her another. She has to save up for it. Now who is the mean Mom?
I am amazed at how many parents just buy buy buy for their kids.