Wednesday, April 16, 2008

May I Just Say....

... How much I love my husband, and what a GREAT cook he is?

I didn't get home from my Bible Study last night until 930. (Now, before you picture a 'stereotypical Bible Study' with a bunch of blue-hairs sitting around reading the KJV Bible and doing the "superior dance", let me tell you that my Bible Study is really much more of a Girls-Only-Group-Therapy .... it totally rocks. It's a small group of 8 women - we're all believers - and we meet every week to talk, share, laugh (a lot) cry (sometimes), pray, discuss, debate, etc. Everything is on the table - marriage, children, sex, politics, death, etc.... you name it, WE discuss it. And of course we talk an awful lot about God and Jesus and our awe and love for the Almighty.)

So, anyway, back to what I was saying.... Bible Study ran over (2.5 hours can go by so quickly when you're in deep discussion with wonderful friends) and I didn't get home until 930 and hadn't eaten anything since lunch (and probably should have gone immediately to BED!) but Sweet Hubster had left a note on the counter that said "Dinner in the microwave"

So, I open the microwave to find his home-made fettucine carbonara, grilled steak (medium rare and absolutely perfect) and steamed broccoli.

I ate like someone who had just been released from prison - BOY, did I marry a good cook.
And then I went upstairs, and gave him a big sloppy kiss, got in bed next to him and fell immediately asleep with my full happy tummy.

A good day, it was.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

He IS awesome!!!!
You married well my friend.