Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Love Never Fails

I was going to put a photo on today's blog of my beautiful friend C, the one who just got married over the weekend. But considering she's on her honeymoon in Cancun, I can't really call her and say "Umm, do you mind if I post your photo on my blog?" So, to preserve her anonymity I won't.
Let me just say this: I've known C for about 8 years. C is one of those friends that when you meet, you just immediately click with, like you've known each other for years. Not only that, but she totally and completely INSPIRES me. C is an attorney; she also teaches law part time; she has also written TWO books (and yes, these are "real" books, you can walk into your local bookstore and buy them); and she also runs a Christian arbitration service; AND (big breath), as though all that is not enough, she's the mother of 4 beautiful, well-balanced, funny, smart kids.

And did I mention she's gorgeous? And a woman of tremendous faith? And a woman of great emotional strength and resolve? And one of my heroes?

So anyway, I wasn't going to miss her wedding for the WORLD.
The wedding was amazing. Not for it's over-the-top beauty (although it was beautiful), but for its tremendous love. The place practically reverberated with LOVE. Real love, the kinds that Paul wrote about in Corinthinthians. It was wonderful. I have no doubt that C and her new husband (we'll call him B) will be married forever.
I almost never cry, but I (and pretty much everyone at the wedding) was weeping openly. Tears of joy that this wonderful woman was emerging from her valley of tribulation with a wonderful man and a brand new life ahead for herself and her children.
It was a great, great day.

"Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end." First Corinthians 13 (selected), The Message translation

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That is beautiful.
She sounds amazing. I wish them the best of luck in life and in LOVE.
I am glad you had a good time.