Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SHE HAS ARRIVED!!! SOUND THE TRUMPETS!!!

Yes, my darling daughter has arrived safely home!
I hugged and kissed her in front of her entire Girl Scout troop (thus, provoking Tremendous Embarrassment because she's at the age where it's utterly UNCOOL to be hugged and kissed by parental units...) However, I didn't care. I showered her freckled little face with lots of little kisses and hugged her again and again and again.

All 3 chaperones told me what a funny, smart, and thoroughly enjoyable daughter I have. Of course I just beamed with pride. And now I'm blissfully doing her laundry and unpacking her bags. I don't even care that she spent the entire $50 I gave her on candy and over-priced stuffed animals ... I'm just UBER-happy to have her back in the house.

My little nest is once again complete.
Happy sighs and twitters are plentiful, once again. :-)

PS: Her older brother acted like he could care less when she was gone, but now they are talking happily in his room and laughing - they are still Very Best Friends, despite their protests to the contrary.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

cute...glad she is home to make Mamma happy again.