Saturday, April 12, 2008

Houston..... I think I've SOLVED the Problem

So, yesterday, because it was 82 degrees here, I decided to clean out my closet and pull out all my really cute Summer clothes, and try everything on.

I was excited..... until I tried everything on.
I discovered a Very Big Problem: my clothes have mysteriously shrunk in my closet over the Winter and now my once curvy (but now ample) derriere won't fit in any of my cute capris and shorts.

How could this have happened?, I demanded of myself in the mirror.

So, being the dorky sleuth that I am, I armed myself with pen and paper and decided to track what I ate yesterday. (After all, I don't consider myself to be hugely gluttonous..... but there has to be SOME reason why nothing fits anymore....)

Here are the results:

Breakfast:
Icy Cold 20 Oz Mountain Dew (ah.... love my Mountain Dew.)
4 Nutter Butter Cookies (Breakfast of champions.)

Mid Morning Snack:
Leftover home-made mac & cheese (none of that Kraft crap for me, thank you...)
1 more Nutter Butter cookie

Late Lunch:
Met my friend Dawn at Chipotle and had a big burrito - ate the whole thing because it was just so darn good. Their guacamole is da bomb.

Dinner:
Hubster made grilled chicken, rice, and corn.
After dinner, the kids and I had some Dulce de Leche ice cream.

Yes, I think my razor-sharp deductive reasoning has solved this mystery. Tremendous intake of fat and sugar, combined with almost NO intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, combined with complete aversion of anything resembling exercise.

No wonder I can't fit in my capris. Honestly, I'm surprised it's not worse. I keep THIS up, I'll be the female Walter Hudson.

So, starting today, I'm cutting WAY back on sugar and starches, and I'll be making at LEAST a cameo appearance at the gym a minimum of 3 times per week. These are reasonable changes that I can maintain. I'm old enough to realize that Reasonable Changes are the name of the game...

I weighed myself this morning (and NO, I will NOT be posting that number here...) but I will be posting my progress.

And off we go. :-)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I feel your pain.
good luck...small changes sometimes make big results.

HWHL said...

Thanks. I made it to the gym yesterday and did 30 minutes of sweat-producing cardio. My body reacted with "WTF?!" aches and pains as punishment for me this morning. :-)
That's OK though .... I'm off and running (theoretically speaking...) :-)