Friday, November 21, 2008

A Blast From The (1970's) Past!

OK, go back with me to Saturday mornings, back in the 1970's.... sitting in front of the TV in your footed jammies.... remember the SCARIEST of all Saturday morning villains? It was, of course, the SLEESTAKS from "Land of the Lost"!!!! (Looking at this footage now, the special effects are embarrassingly primitive, but BOY did it scare me as a kid!)




Wow - check out the waterfall in the opening credits.... LOL... stunning special effects. ;-)

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Holy mackeral. this was my favorite show ever. The sleestacks were so scary then...I encounter scarier stuff taking out the garbage now. :)
Very funny.
thanks for sharing!!!
Suz.
oh, yeah, loved the opening scene in the river.....like a disney ride.

HWHL said...

I KNEW you'd remember it! :-)

The sleestakcks were TERRIFYING, weren't they?!

Unknown said...

My favorite show when I was 3 or 4! When the Sleestaks came on I would call for my mommy. I couldn't watch it alone.

Funny, it all seemed so real back then.

Now it's like bad acting, bad plot and bad effects--all in one!

Neat concept though...they could maybe do a modernized movie with authentic-looking CG dinosaurs and really creepy Sleestack.

HWHL said...

Deron,
It's so funny, isn't it? I was telling my kids about the sleestaks and showed them the video on YouTube. They were like "You were scared of THAT, Mom?" But hey, back in the 70's that was some scary stuff!!

Funny memories. :-)