Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well, Now That I've Said Yes......

My beautiful, awesome, wonderful, inspirational friend Christen is getting ready to write her 3rd book (she already has TWO of her books published). Yes, published. As in, you could go on Amazon and order them and have them shipped to your house.

Anyway, Christen is one of the FEW people who I have let read my short stories, etc., and she has always been urging me (nagging me?) ... ENCOURAGING me to write more.

So, anyway, very recently she PINNED ME IN A CORNER (so to speak) and told me she wants me to write a book along with her..... simultaneously.....

And me (being brain-dead, apparently) agreed!

Sigh (whatever was I thinking???!)

I have no plot. I have no characters.
I DO have a blinking cursor and a blank white screen. :-)

AND, more importantly, I have made a promise to a dear friend.

So (alas), I shall start.
Wish me luck. :-)

9 comments:

Cliff said...

I see what you mean. I think you should do what I started. Go to the Evil Big Box Store(tm) buy a composition notebook for 97 cents and write nothing but material for your book in it.

Yes, great minds do think alike!

Gberger said...

Oh, yes, luck, inspiration, guidance and many blessings!

HWHL said...

Cliff,
This is so cool that we're doing this at the same time! Yes, I have to go to Wally World today anyway so I'll buy a specific notebook for that purpose and come up with an outline.

Since my business is down right now I definitely don't have the "I have no time" excuse! :-)

Let's keep each other posted on our progress!

dons_mind said...

wow! that's really cool! many wishes for success from me...i'm envious of people that can organize their thoughts and dreams and visions into the logical world of a book! best of luck......

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so wonderful. You have always had a fantastic way with words and story telling. I am so happy for you!!!!!!
Something will come to you, I just know it will.

Boquinha said...

I think this is great! Way to go, HWHL!

Michele said...

I know you can do it. I'm excited and can't wait to see what you come up with. You are so good with words!
Good luck!

~Michele~
(Hug)

Unknown said...

sometimes starting with nothing is the best way to begin!


(wow, that was poetic, I am copyrighting that right here and now!!)

Dawn said...

wishing you luck, of course... what an adventure to embark upon!