Friday, November 21, 2008

Starbucks, Here I Come.... Notebook And Pen In Hand!

Today is Friday.
I have VERY little work today with my business.
My husband is at work ALL DAY (driving the Big Brown truck.... for those of you who don't know my husband is a UPS man.)
My kids are at school ALL DAY.
My house is "relatively" clean.

I have a book sitting in front of me, written by Chris Baty, that I bought a few years ago when I did NaNoWriMo ... the book is entitled No Plot? No Problem! I also have a blank, brand new composition book just WAITING to be filled with characters, plots, sub-plots, intrigue, theme, thrilling climax, denouement, etc.

So, I'm going to take my little self up to Starbucks, buy a great big Cafe Mocha and END the procrastination.

As Chris Baty so succinctly put it in his book: "..... the biggest thing separating people from their artistic ambition is not a lack of talent. It's the lack of a deadline. Give someone a friendly yet firm due date, and miracles will happen...."

Although I don't technically have a due date, I do have my friend Christen as an accountability partner, so it's time to GET BUSY!

7 comments:

Najia said...

You go with your bad a$$ girl! Crank out that masterpiece. I'll be the first in line to buy! :-)

Hope Diva & Ruby are doing well. I've seen a shitload of pandas around here lately, but no Diva, no Ruby. :-) What gives? Send them my love.

HWHL said...

Thanks, dear!

Yes, I know.... I need to take some new video. (Did you see the latest one on the other blog? "Friday Night Smackdown")
We had a VERY funny happening yesterday with the dogs but of course I couldn't get my camera fast enough. Clearly, I need to keep it ready at all times.

I'll do better! LOL!

Michele said...

Hehe... Starbucks is perfect... I can't tell you how many people are sitting there in the corner clicking away on laptops with dreams of one day to publish the #1 best seller!
I'm so proud of you!!
(Hug)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I am SO excited for you! I am going to do this in Paris. I need some quiet time and some relaxing time. Life has been super crazy for me and I just can't seem to catch up with anything!!

Hurrah for you!!

Cliff said...

My problem right now is when I get my ideas. It's not when I'm in my car by myself where I can just pick up my digital recorder and speak them out.

I had an idea while waiting for my dinner tonight and talking to my wife. I didn't want the other patrons to think I was getting anything more high powered than Diet Coke.

But I do have a week off now and I can write and possibly put it in my laptop.

Maybe tomorrow I can start with some extra strength Master Blend.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope you find your inspiration T.
You are such a talented person and you are SO full of good stuff.....You will get some words on the paper soon. And those words will be GOOD. :)
Hugs,
Suz

Boquinha said...

I hear you, D'Arcy!

I'm so excited for you, too!! Thanks for the book recommendation, too. It's got some great reviews on Amazon. I'm intrigued.