Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ready..... Set......SHOP!

UPDATE: I only bought 4 gifts - 2 for each kid - and spent a WHOPPING $47 total. Not bad. (Dave Ramsey would be proud, wouldn't he, Cliff?) :-) Needless to say, I got some really good deals....




OK.... I wasn't going to participate this year, but I always get caught up in the excitement, so....

I have my sale flyers ready - I've gone through with markers and circled the "door busters" that are just SUCH phenomenal deals that I at least need to to to the stores and LOOK at the deals (and we all know what that means).

However, I'm definitely not going ALL OUT this year though, like I usually do. Usually I'm in the stores by 6 AM and I shop until noon. Then I meet my girlfriend Dawn for lunch (who is equally serious about Black Friday); we typically have lunch near the mall and re-charge our batteries, and then finish up by 2 PM.

I usually complete about 80% - 90% of my Christmas shopping all on Black Friday.

However, this year we're doing the Frugal Thing.... paying ALL CASH. And as a family we'll spend about 50% of what we normally do on Christmas. And everything I do buy will have to be a GREAT deal.


2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are crazy. Could not pay me to get up early to join the "crazies"....:0
My Mom, Aunt and Uncle got up and shopped at 4:00 am. CRAZY.

Dawn said...

Wow... serious shopping!!I like your new plan for this year though:) I browsed the flyers looking for a deal great enough to get me out of bed... but I seriously didn't see anything I needed... or that my kids wanted. You must have had better sales there!