Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blogger Bullies

What's with the "Anonymous" comments out there? I rarely get them, but one of my favorite blogs (http://www.brianjones.com/) gets a heck of a lot of them.

And have you noticed that it's always the 'mean-spirited' folks who leave the anonymous comments. I just don't GET that.

It's that same mentality that enjoyed being the tattle-tale in elementary school.... or perhaps the one who was the mean kid who threw rocks on the playground, while well-hidden.

(Actually, it also kind of reminds me of a very nervous dog I used to have who, when a worker used to come to the house, would run and hide behind the hydrangea bush in the backyard, but stick her head out and bark like she was going to rip him to shreds. Except she wasn't mean.... just nervous.)

So..... why be anonymous? If you really believe what you say, and say what you believe, then stand behind it.

I love Brian Jones writing. I'm a big fan - I don't always agree with him but I'm always willing to say so outright, rather than hide in the shadows and throw rocks.

5 comments:

Louise said...

Bullies, without fail, are COWARDS! That's all their is.

HWHL said...

I agree with you, Louise.
What do you want to make a bet, though, that I'll get at LEAST one snide anonymous comment now that I've "baited the trap", so to speak?! :-)

LOL...

Unknown said...

Anonymous comments are the worst. I think you can disable them in your settings.

I have no respect for them and pay little attention to them. Those who post anonymously are equivalent to vandals, in my opinion. One has to be willing to stand behind what one says...or else not say it.

I think it has to do with taking responsibility for your words and showing respect/kindness to those to whom you are responding.

KingdomWriter said...

No one like bullies, that's for sure. Thank you for putting me on to Brian Jones! Great guy with some great thoughts. I get the feeling he is out to push a few buttons though, and it sounds like he is succeding...

Jason, as himself said...

Mean People Suck.