Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Son's Latest Fascination...... Robert Wadlow


Yes, you read that right.
My 12 year old son has become completely, utterly and totally fixated upon..... Robert Wadlow (world's tallest man).

I remember being momentarily transfixed by Wadlow, but J is REALLY curious about "everything Wadlow". He googles him and looks at pictures, and reads every article he can find about him. He even asked me if he could get a poster of him to put in his room (along with the SpiderMan posters). I told him there are no Robert Wadlow posters, because there is no market for them. J thinks Wadlow is THE most fascinating person of the 20th century.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that my husband is 6'6" and J will probably be quite tall as well. I don't know. But whatever it is, he's definitely fascinated.

5 comments:

Michele said...

WOW... he is tall, isn't he!? I'd rather my son be obsessed with Robert Wadlow than a lot of other things kids are obsessed with nowadays, that's for sure! I think that pretty cool. =)

Suzanne said...

How funny. He most likely thinks HE will be the Next Robert Wadlow.
It is interesting what these kids get in their heads....funny boy.
I agree, this is a healthy obsession though.

Anonymous said...

HA! That is too funny - a Robert Wadlow poster just makes me laugh out loud, for some reason. I love it when kids come up with things like this. It sounds like he is a very creative, imaginative boy.

HWHL said...

Ophelia,
Thanks for stopping by! Yes, he is VERY imaginative, my boy.... always has his nose buried in a book! :-)

JStevens said...

I believe there is posters of him, if you search on ebay or check with the museum in Alton.