Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hooray for Rafael Nadal - Job Well Done!!


Did you guys SEE the match between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer at Wimbledon today? Was it not one of THE most amazing Wimbledon's men's championship matches EVER?

I'm not even a huge tennis buff, but Hubster, my Mom and I were totally glued to the TV. It was very intense. The match shattered all Wimbledon records for the longest men's championship match in history - 4:48 I believe was the final time (plus, it had at least 2 rain delays and by the time the awards ceremony took place, the sun had all but gone down).

When it was done, both Nadal and Federer were exhausted and completely spent.

At the awards ceremony, Rafa was his characteristic humble, understated and adorable self (yes, I have a little crush). He almost looked like a little boy clutching that Wimbledon Championship Cup.... but the most heart-warming moment of all came, right after he won, when he jumped up into the stand to hug and kiss his Mother. (I looked over at my own mom, and she and I both had tears in our eyes... it was really such a sweet, endearing moment.)

WAY TO GO, RAFA!!! WELL DESERVED!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I did not see this...but sounds like a great moment in life for him....what a cutie.
:)