My mom rocks.
I appreciate her more and more every year.
I try to tell her - all the time - how much I love and appreciate her (to make up for the times when I was an insufferable know-it-all hell-raising brat in high school and caused her no end of grief....).
Once I became a mother, I saw my own mom in a whole new light. And ever since then, I've been so thankful that she's my Mom. (And she's such a wonderful grandmother - "Mee Ma" - to my children..)
So, without further ado, here's a (brief) tribute to my great Mommy. (This is by NO means an exhaustive list.... or it would go on and on and on and on....)
Thank you, Mom, for....
1. ... giving me life!
2. Raising me in a loving home.
3. Exposing me to culture, music, art, etc.
4. Insisting I learn to play the piano. :-)
5. Insisting I take gymnastics, synchronized swimming and ballet.
6. Teaching me to cook.
7. Teaching me to do laundry and clean house.
8. Making me do swim team (I loved it!)
9. Introducing me to God at a young age (after giving me life, this is the best thing you've ever done for me!)
10. Consoling me when I had my first broken heart.
11. Taking me to NYC and Boston and Dallas to look at colleges .
12. Always being there for me, no matter what.
13. Being my "cheerleader" during those dark days when my newborn son was in the NICU and things looked so very bleak for him.
14. Helping me through those early months of motherhood when I had no clue what I was doing. :-)
15. Being an awesome grandmother to my children!!
I love you, Mommy!
5 days ago