Monday, May 26, 2008

The "Beach Buzz" Has Ended (bummer...)

Alas, alack..... back to reality.

However, we had a GREAT 3 day weekend at the EVER-eclectic and ALWAYS fun Tybee Island. Pictures to follow.... tomorrow.

I have to vent a moment about my sweet Hubster though, and take a non-scientific poll from my female readers out there.

Question 1: Does your husband/boyfriend have to "break his best time" in getting to the beach/vacation destination? (And if so, what the heck is this about?) The kids and I are advised to "use the bathroom one more time" before departure, and he scowls if we bring bottled water into the car with us (because, of course, it will lead to the inevitable bathroom break, thus ruining his 'best time').

Question 2: Rather than set the cruise control at a "reasonable speed", does your husband/broyfriend insist on driving very fast and says 'I'll just keep an eye out for State Troopers'? (I'm honestly amazed he hasn't gotten a speeding ticket in several years.....)

Question 3: This actually ties back in to question #1, but Hubster insists on departing Atlanta at night, when there is less traffic. He is extremely methodical about this. We stop at the same gas station on the way out - he fills up, goes inside and buys two Red Bulls, drinks them immediately, and we're OFF (breaking the Land-Speed record, remember?) Once the Red Bulls kick in, he wants to listen to "speed metal" on his satellite radio. (Metallica and Motorhead just really aren't my cup of tea.... LOL.)

So, girls ... is this 'par for the course' for your men-folk out there, or is my husband simply one of nature's anomalies?

(Dare I even ask.....???)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am right there with you.
We never go under 80. Construction zones are just a suggestion to him...you really DON'T have to slow down.
I see my Mom only 2x a year, yet when we drive BY her house on the way to N.C. I am limited to one hour of visiting or I think the world WILL end. We NEVER stop on the way back either...

Unknown said...

wow, i am unattached at the moment, but this gives me a lot to look forward to!!

HWHL said...

Yeah.... nothing like driving 85 mph through the pitch black night in podunk towns in South Georgia, while avoiding local law enforcement and listening to speed metal on the radio.

Woo hoo! ;-)

(Actually, it's really not that bad... he does do all the driving while the kids and I sleep, and he keeps the speed metal pretty low... AND he does all the cooking. So really, I can't complain.) :-)