Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Early Morning Peace


Found this photo on my hard drive... it's a couple of years old now (pre-drought....).
I took this shot at sunrise, up on Lake Hartwell, which is on the GA/SC border. It was a really beautiful, really still morning; the sun was just coming up and there was no one out yet.... just me and some early morning ducks and geese.
I love early mornings. It's the best "God time" for me. The day is fresh, full of promise.... stretched out in front of me like a plain white canvas. Brand new and totally up to ME what I'm going to do with it.
And it's nice to start it with the Creator of all things....

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Beautiful picture.
I TOO love the mornings...that is when I can get up. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that was real? You saw that? Even just looking at it has calmed me today!

HWHL said...

Hi D'arcy... yes, believe it or not, it was real and I took it with my little old Kodak camera (the one that is held together with a rubber band... no exaggeration...) :-)

God happened to "set up the shot" perfectly for me though... it was a really beautiful morning... I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. :-)