Wednesday, May 21, 2008

School's Out For Summer


Today was the last day of school for mis hijos... can you believe it?!
Seems awfully early but today was it. We just got back from the "End of School" neighborhood pool party - they had a DJ, pizza, games, cake, etc. The kids were WILD. Some of the parents were, too.

And now my daughter has SOMEHOW finagled her way into having FIVE of her wild little friends over to spend the night. Yes, on a Wednesday night. Yes, my husband and I both have to work tomorrow. (What was I thinking??)

And YES, tonight is the finale of "American Idol" so there will be MUCH squealing and drama in my home.

However, it will be fun.

I love the energy that kids bring when a whole herd of them is over at the house. Reminds me of when I was their age, and didn't have a care in the world. Right now they're painting each other's nails and discussing David Archuleta's "cuteness"... and Hubster is downstairs making hotdogs, hamburgers and home-made mac & cheese. :-)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

sounds like fun!
We have one more week....I hope they make it!
I love summer, except the fact that we practically have other kids LIVING with us....

HWHL said...

It was fun. They were SQUEALING when the Jonas Brothers were playing.... and then, when David Archuleta didn't win... oh my .... a HUSH fell over the room. (I've never seen a group of 10 year old girls fall quiet so suddenly... it was most alarming).

I'm with you, though - I LOVE Summer! :-)