Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reminiscing

My kids are growing up too fast.... this Fall they'll be going into 6th and 5th grade. They're so independent, which in a lot of ways is wonderful but in a lot of ways is a little bittersweet, because they need me less and less.

I realize that in not much time at all they'll both be grown, gone and living their own lives. Feeling very pensive this morning.... can you tell? :-)

Luckily, my kids have always been best friends. They were born so close together and have always been each other's favorite playmate. I hope that closeness continues into their adult years.

Below are two photos - one was taken on Mother's Day of this year..... and then the second was taken about 9 years ago (J would have been about 3, and S would have been about 18 month).

It literally feels like about 6 months time has passed between these two photos.



3 comments:

Suzanne said...

cblapI know the feeling about the time flying by. You did good though, they are independent. That is what is SUPPOSED to happen. You are very lucky they get along so well.
I don't want to jinx it or anything, but my girls have not had any arguments in about a week...looking good.

HWHL said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for continued 'conflict free' living for you, my friend.

S and J frequently wind up sleeping in the same room even.... they get talking and laughing and she winds up sleeping in the top bunk. We usually have to go in and tell them (sometimes repeatedly) "No more laughing - go to BED." We realize how fortunate we are that they are such a happy little 'unit'.

abby said...

oh what beautiful kids! how nice that they are such great friends. i pray for that with my two.