Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Eduardo Verastegui

I saw this guy being interviewed on the Today show yesterday and, I admit, his looks stopped me in my tracks. And then I listened to what he had to say. He is a Spanish actor and was talking about how he used to be extremely self-absorbed, superficial and self-indulgent, but made a big change in his life, and now only does projects that matter, and projects that he feels will make a positive difference in the world. He said it's 'wonderful to wake up and realize that you're fighting for something you feel passionately about'.

He also talked about the deep power of prayer, and the power of his own mother's prayers for him in his life (which, being a Mom, really touched my heart).

Anyway, if you recognize him, that's because he's the star of the movie "Bella", which I've heard wonderful things about but have yet to see (but will be seeing soon).

I went to You Tube this morning and found the attached clip on him. Once you get past the first minute (1:06, to be exact) of squealing fan "stuff", and get down to him talking, it's really quite moving. He is way more than just eye candy, and is very clearly a man of faith (which is so refreshing - and rare - in Hollywood).

Enjoy the video, and let's all go see "Bella", and support an actor who wants to make a difference in our world.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Looks almost as good as yesterday's cookies!!!!
YUMMO

Unknown said...

Women always like the tall, dark and handsome guys. Why can't they like us small, pale and ugly guys?

That being said, the guy in the pic is pretty handsome. If there were more of them in this world, guys like me wouldn't stand a chance.

Fortunately, I'm taken and very much in love with my beautiful wife Jan. I still don't know what she saw in me. Hope she still sees it:)

HWHL said...

I'm SURE she still sees it, Deron! :-)

You're great - a godly man who loves his wife and kids, and also a deep thinker who is committed to following Christ. I think that's incredible! :-)
(btw - my brother lives in Edina - we come up to visit at least once a year and usually right around Labor Day.... in time for the State Fair! Call me a dork, but I LOVE the Minnesota State Fair!)

Unknown said...

Yes, that is a big time of year around here. I hope to take my boys to it someday when I'm feeling better.

blackbelt said...

There's nothing sexier than a sensitive intelligent AND handsome man! ;-) BTW he's Mexican, not Spanish. Bella is an awesome movie. I loved it.