Saturday, May 10, 2008

Beautiful "Bella", A Movie Review


Before I even begin this movie review, let me encourage you to go see "Bella" at your first opportunity.... no, let me take that back. Let me encourage you to go out and BUY this wonderful little independent movie. Yes, it's THAT good.

There's not a whole lot I can tell you about this movie without spoiling it for you, but let me just say it revolves around the lives of two main characters - Jose, who is a chef at a restaurant in NY (and who has a 'secret past'), and Nina, who is a waitress at the same restaurant. The plot of the movie takes place over the course of one day in the lives of these two, and is about how their lives become inextricably woven together.

And, it's about the power of redemptive love.
It's a beautiful movie. And it will stay with you.

2 comments:

Me said...

I will see this movie. For some reason the cover reminds me of the movie the Sea Inside. Did you see that? That will stay with you forever as well.

HWHL said...

Never saw Sea Inside, but I'll have to check it out.

Bella really, really touched me.
(Not to mention Eduardo Verastegui is TOTAL eye candy....). Always a bonus. ;-)