Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Overheard in the Backseat

Actual comments my children have made this week, while in the car, when they thought I wasn't listening....

1. My 10 yr old daughter to my 12 yr old son ... "Obama has almost enough delicates to beat Hillary." (My son didn't respond. I'm sure he was beyond puzzled. I was giggling quietly in the front seat while driving.)

2. My son to my daughter - they were both complaining about how I (the Mean Mom) won't let them listen to rap because of the bad GRAMMAR. !?! (I soon realized where this thought came from... I had previously explained to them that I'm not crazy about the language that most rappers use.) Somehow they thought I meant grammar. (Yes, that's me..... when I hear Jay-Z start off a rhyme with a grammatical error, it just makes me see RED. )

So silly, those kids. :-)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Funny kids.
Love those delicates.
Bad grammer...well there is lots of that too. That part makes me the craziest I think. Most rappers sound illiterate.