Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Embarrassed Entrepreneur

Yes, that would describe ME this morning.
I'm sitting at my desk working away (well, working some, blogging some, surfing some.... typical Tuesday morning....) and I think to myself "Gee, my office line hasn't rung once this morning."

So, I pick it up. It's dead. Dead, dead, dead. Hmmm. Weird.

I walk down the hall into my bedroom and pick up our residential phone. Dead.

I walk downstairs and ask my son (who is blissfully playing "WWE Smackdown" on his PS 2), "Did you do something weird to the phones?" He doesn't even turn around. "Nope."

I go back upstairs and into my daughter's room where she is still slumbering underneath a mountain of stuffed animals. I gently rouse her and say "Did you do something weird to the phones?" She looks at me like I'm an apparition appearing in her dream and says "Mom, I'm still asleep!"

So, I call the phone company. (By this time I'm somewhat irritated.... after all, Important Clients could be calling with BIG ORDERS!!) I explain that Something Has Happened and we don't have phone service.

And the very nice woman on the phone brings up my account and tells me I haven't paid my bill since April.

Whoops. (hee hee)
Silly me.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hate it when that happens!!!!!

Sugar Jones said...

Hey Happy Wife! Found you over at Nine Worlds.

I am breathless as I write. I just finished gettin' funky to Super Freak! My son blushed all the way out of my office. Who knew that's all it would take.

So, I had a semi similar experience... well, sort of... it involves a disconnected phone and an impatient customer/wife. Enjoy!

http://livingintheory.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-am-such-bitch.html

HWHL said...

Sugar,
Glad you like the 70's groove - I try to change up the music every so often. Your son must be middle school aged, like mine. They are VERY easily embarrassed and humiliated by us, aren't they??
Glad you stopped by! :-)