Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Strange, True and Bizarrely Funny...


My friend Anne's laugh is so high-pitched and shriek-like that when we're on the phone and I say something funny and she laughs, her fax machine will TURN ON because it senses a fax is coming in.

Not making this up.

The first time it happened and she explained to me that it was her LAUGH that triggered the fax machine to turn on, I thought I was going to wet my pants I started laughing so hard. Which made her laugh harder, which made the fax machine that much more intent on receiving the elusive incoming fax.....

Now THAT is comedy gold, people.

4 comments:

Sugar Jones said...

Oh my goodness! How has she not been featured on David Letterman by now? THAT is serious talent!

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh...so funny. I would love to hear her.
Jeff says I cackle when I laugh...kinda like a witch I guess. The kids do too.
On my 40th bday though when everyone said what they really liked or thought of when they thought about me was.... my laugh!
So ha!

Unknown said...

That is an amazing story! I had a friend who had a laugh like that, although, there were never any fax machines when we hung out. I am so curious now. When we would go to movies and plays and she would laugh, people would just look back in disbelief....they thought she was doing some fake laugh. I would try and convey the look that, no, this is her real laugh and isn't it great? It was definitely infectious!!

HWHL said...

The strange thing is, in person her laugh really isn't all that annoying... it's high pitched but I was shocked when her fax turned on when we were on the phone. I was like "What just happened?" and she said "Oh, my laugh will sometimes trigger the fax machine." LOL.

She laughs a whole lot. She has 4 kids, 4 dogs and 5 cats AND runs a business out of her basement.... she's a VERY laid back person who is always laughing (I guess you'd have to be... no way you could be high strung with all that going on...) :-)