Friday, June 27, 2008

"Kung Fu Panda", a Movie Review



Took my two kids to see "Kung Fu Panda". I was a little hesitant to take them at first. After all, J. is a rising 6th grader, and S. is 10 going on 19. Very sophisticated, these two, and I wondered if this movie might be too "baby-ish" for them...
Boy, was I ever WRONG.

This movie was absolutely hilarious. I think I laughed louder than any of the kids in the theater. Jack Black (who I've had a secret crush on for YEARS) was hysterical as Po, the overweight and out-of-shape Panda who has been selected as the Master Warrior (much to the other characters' shock and amusement). Equally hysterical was Dustin Hoffman as the Kung Fu master Shifu.
Very funny movie - appropriate for all ages. Some scary parts, but not too bad. I saw little kids in there (3 and 4) who really seemed to be enjoying it and, like me, many of the parents were laughing even louder than the kids.

Two thumbs up!!

3 comments:

Ruahines said...

Kia ora HWHl - sorry no capital l!
Kia ora - thanks - for the review. My 5 year old is keen to see this and I wasn't sure about it, but now I shall look forward to a few laughs myself. Cheers.
Ka kite ano,
Robb

HWHL said...

Robb,
Your 5 year old will really enjoy it, and you'll laugh too. (Dustin Hoffman is VERY dry, and VERY funny as Kung Fu Master Shifu...).

Have fun! :-)

KingdomWriter said...

I just did a post on this as well! I think it delivered well, and all characters were very good! Jack Black was perfect as the Panda, but he would have been nothing without his 'supporting cast'. We all went home and wanted to learn Kung Fu, haha