Thursday, June 12, 2008

"You'll See It When You Believe It"


We've all heard the saying "I'll believe it when I see it."
That pretty much sums up the pessimistic culture in which we live.

We want visual, tangible PROOF of something BEFORE we're willing to believe in it.

However, I believe, very strongly, in the tremendous power of our minds to bring about very positive measurable changes in our lives. In fact, Jesus himself said "...everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9:23)

I've seen the power of positive thinking work in my own life, and in the lives of many people I know.

Have you experienced this as well?
If so, post your comments about your experience, and let's encourage one another! (God knows the world is always throwing Negative Stuff at us.... so let's counteract that with some Positive Stuff ...)
:-)

And remember: you'll see it when you believe it!
PS: Here are some great books that have really helped me bring Positive Change into my life:
1. Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (this is not just about material wealth... this is a truly great, one-of-a-kind book!)
2. How to Stop Worrying & Start Living by Dale Carnegie
3. Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
4. The Road Less Traveled by Dr. Scott Peck
5. The Power of Positive Thinking, by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
6. Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace, both by Dave Ramsey (these are about finances, obviously... but that can cause a LOT of stress when it's out of whack.).

6 comments:

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

When my sister, Wendy, died two years ago, I knew it was an opportunity for growth. In view of the pain, I have been determined to move forward and be the best I can be, without her support and encouragement. Wendy and I shared so much, the same reality of our past, not like my brother, so in many ways I lost a part of my identity. But now I have found some things new. I am now living less than a mile from Wendy's only child, Catherine, and sharing life with her. I don't need to be her Mom, I just need to be available. And since I did not have my own children that's so easy. God works in mysterious ways and His plan was not what I had imagined for my life. Thanks for reminding me that even though I lost Wendy here on earth, what remains, is, for the most part, positive.

Anonymous said...

Actually, this is something that I am really trying to focus on because I do believe in the power of positive thinking. Unfortunately, I have lots of negative thoughts lately, but I am trying to turn things around. Visualizaation helps too!

Me said...

Funny, I just finished my post about finding one positive thing a day about our upcoming move. Weird, we're on the same wavelength or maybe it's like being synced up with our cyber cycles.

Sugar Jones said...

Oh I love that picture! I love to go for a ride with my arms outstretched, wind in my hair, soaking up the sun... aaahhh... makes all the yuck just disappear.

I think it's vital that we pepper our lives with positive influences. Little breaks, good words, reaffirming verses... and for all those that wish to bring us down, well, we can just wish them all to the cornfield!

Unknown said...

Thanks. This is an important reminder for all of us who have a tendency to get lured into a pessimistic trap.

Unknown said...

Dr. Wayne Dyer wrote a book in 1989 called "You'll See It When You Believe It. It is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. It was on the NY Times bestseller list. I was doing some research for a blog post of the same name when I found your website. You can read it here:
http://www.teddersrandomnotes.com/blog/
Thank you.