Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's The Thought That Counts.... I Suppose....


Hubster just got back from his Guys Weekend Away.
He arrived home gritty, unshowered, unshaven, but beaming from ear-to-ear.

Apparently a Good Time Was Had By All.

He told me he brought me back "a little something" and went out to the garage to retrieve it from his car. A moment later I heard a glass container shatter, followed by a string of expletives. I open the door to find the Happy Hubster now very unhappy, and staring down at a jar of pickled garlic cloves that were strewn all over the driveway. (Hmmm. Interesting gift. I do love garlic, but 'Pickled Garlic Cloves' as a gift for the Little Wife??)

Anyway, he was barefoot and there was glass, vinegar, oil, and a Big Mess ALL over the driveway, so I said "Just come in and relax - we'll clean that up in a little bit."

Famous last words.

(Also, remember that it's 96 degrees in Atlanta today....)

So, after about an hour or so, I open the door and am hit FULL in the face by an overwhelming smell. In fact, this smell defies description. Yes, the pickled garlic cloves (and vinegar-y juices) had been COOKING on the driveway in the late afternoon sun.

It takes a lot to make me gag, but yeah..... that did it.

I guess this was the gift that keeps on giving.... blech.

4 comments:

Me said...

Good thing your pup didn't eat any. Imagine the poops. Ick.

Suzanne said...

awww. the man tried. Maybe he is worried about vampires?
I love garlic too, so they won't come to my house...ever.

HWHL said...

Ewww... I hadn't even considered if Ruby had EATEN some of that garlic. Now THAT would have led to a very unpleasant surprise. Ick is right.

Unknown said...

i can't even smell it and the description made me gag! Ugh! I don't know how I have gotten so far behind on your blog. I am working my way down the list, as you have probably noticed by having about 10 comments from me alone!